Every year, CDNIS families are invited to fill up a Box of Hope with gifts and necessities for a child in need. Drop off your wrapped and packed box all this week at CDNIS. Just look for the Box of Hope pull-up banner in the9/F lobby.
Here’s how to participate:
- Find a empty shoebox (you can do as many as you wish!)
- Wrap it or decorate it
- Fill it with the items listed on the Box of Hope website
- Drop it off at the collection point in the 9/F until Friday, November 9, 2018.
WHAT TO PACK
Remember to make your box both FUN and EDUCATIONAL!
All items must be NEW. Please include the essential items plus at least one from each category.
- ESSENTIAL ITEMS — Please include all these items: toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of soap.
- TOYS — Please include one thing to love: bear, soft toy, tennis ball, finger puppet, jigsaw, yo-yo, small musical instrument, torch(incl batteries), playing cards, small trucks and cars, doll, jewellery, make-up, hair accessorises
- STATIONERY — Please include something to do: books (simple English), felt pens, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, rubber, colouring book, notepad, picture or puzzle book, chalk, pencil case, stickers, calculator, etc.
- HYGIENE ITEMS — Please include health and hygiene items such as hairbrush, comb, hair clips, flannel. NO LIQUIDS PLEASE.
- OTHER ITEMS — Sunglasses, cap, sun hat, bangles, necklaces, watch.
PLEASE DO NOT PACK
- WAR RELATED ITEMS — toy guns, soldiers, knives
- CLOTHING — other than listed above
- FRAGILE ITEMS — glass containers or mirrors
- LIQUIDS of any kind including blow bubbles, shampoo, bubble bath, toiletry sets, aerosols
- DANGEROUS ITEMS — marbles, sharp objects, scissors, pins, needles
Thank you for making a child smile with Box of Hope!