Every year, CDNIS families are invited to fill up a Box of Hope with gifts and necessities for a child in need. Drop off your wrapped and packed box all this week at CDNIS. Just look for the Box of Hope pull-up banner in the 9/F lobby.
Here’s how to participate:
- Find a empty shoebox (you can do as many as you wish!)
- Wrap it or decorate it
- Fill it with the items listed below.
- Attach the Box of Hope label to your box (download it here).
- Drop it off at the collection point in the 9/F anytime from November 4 – 8, 2019.
WHAT TO PACK
Remember to make your box both FUN and EDUCATIONAL!
All items must be NEW. Please include the essential items plus at least one from each category.
- REQUIRED ITEMS — Please include all these items: toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of soap, notepad/notebook, pen/pencil
- TOYS — Please include one thing to love: bear, soft toy, tennis ball, skipping rope, finger puppet, jigsaw, yo-yo, small musical instrument, wind up torch, playing cards and travel games, small trucks and cars, doll, hair accessorises
- STATIONERY — Please include something to do: books (Chinese or simple English), felt pens, pencil sharpener, rubber, colouring book, picture or puzzle book, chalk, pencil case, stickers, calculator, etc.
- HYGIENE ITEMS — Please include health and hygiene items such as hairbrush, comb, hair clips, flannel. NO LIQUIDS PLEASE.
- OTHER ITEMS — Sunglasses, cap, sun hat, bangles, necklaces, watch, wallet, purse,
PLEASE DO NOT PACK
- WAR RELATED ITEMS — toy guns, soldiers, knives
- CLOTHING — other than listed above
- FRAGILE ITEMS — glass containers or mirrors
- LIQUIDS of any kind including blow bubbles, shampoo, bubble bath, toiletry sets, aerosols
- DANGEROUS ITEMS — marbles, sharp objects, scissors, pins, needles
Thank you for making a child smile with Box of Hope!