CDNIS has two cafeterias located on the 6/F and 12/F respectively, serving hot meals as well as a variety of sandwiches, salads, snacks, and drinks. The 6/F Maple Café offers quality coffee, assorted sandwiches, healthy foods and beverages. Staff, parents and visitors are welcome to use the food services.
Cafeteria 6/F and 12/F Operating Hours
Snacks available until 4pm
Maple Café 6/F Operating Hours
Monday – Friday: 7am-4pm
School Lunches (Prep to G12)
*All students have an additional half hour of free time after their scheduled lunchtime.
Students in Prep to Grade 6 can order lunch using the forms posted on the School Brochures page on the CDNIS website.
Students in Grade 7 to Grade 12 can purchase their lunches at the cafeterias on a daily basis. Cash and Octopus are welcome for payment.
Lunches from Home
Many students choose to bring lunch from home. There are several microwave ovens available in each cafeteria for reheating food. To minimize packaging waste and support our efforts to be a Green School, we ask that CDNIS families send “Litterless Lunches” to school. Here are a few tips for packing a Litterless Lunch:
- Use a reusable lunch bag or box.
- Use reusable containers for packing food, and avoid plastic wrap, foil, plastic bags, single-serving containers, pre-packaged foods.
- Reusing plastic containers (such as take out containers or yogurt tubs) are an excellent option.
- Use reusable drink containers such as thermoses or reusable water bottles, and avoid single-use pop cans, plastic bottles, and juice boxes.
- Non-disposable cutlery (silverware) and a cloth napkin.
- Please ensure reusable items from home are labelled with your child’s name.
Drinking water is provided throughout the school. Please send water bottles to reduce the number of paper cups used and to ensure your child is hydrated during warm weather. Please label all water bottles with your child’s name.
Maxim’s Catering Services
All inquiries about school food services, including menu requests and questions about ordering, should be made to the school’s provider, Maxim’s Catering Services :
Phone: (852) 2240 6052 or (852) 2240 6053 (office)
Phone: (852) 5982 6046 (on site)
Attention: Alexander Nowak-Solinski, Manager