Students from EY through G8 are invited to join CISPA’s Read-A-Thon!
CISPA will be holding a Read-A-Thon during Easter/Spring Break from April 2-12th, and your child is invited to join!
The Read-A-Thon is a challenge open to EY- Grade 8 students. It has two purposes:
- Help get kids reading and off the screen over the Easter/Spring Break holiday, and
- Support Bring Me A Book Hong Kong through sponsorship of the Read-A-Thon participants.
How does it work?
- Arrange sponsorship. Sponsorship is what you, the Parents, decide it is. Some families decide to donate a fixed amount; some families decide to offer a fee per book or page read. Totally up to you!
- Get reading! The children read their books during the holiday or (for younger students) are read books. Children will hear more about the Read-A-Thon in their library classes and will be encouraged to borrow more books before the holiday starts.
- Record the books read and money earned. These can be entered into the Read-A-Thon Sponsorship Form attached below.
- Drop off the sponsorship form and the cheque for the books read. There will be a drop box outside of school and in the library to collect the forms and cheques. Deadline for turning in the sponsorship form after Easter break is Tuesday, April 20th
- Find out if your child won! For prizes, students will be split into three groups: EY-G2, G3-G5, and G5-G8. CISPA will randomly select three participants from each age group for a $250 HKD Bookazine gift certificate. In addition, the House with the most participants (i.e. Raven, Orca, Bear, Mountain Lion) will win a trophy.
- Feel good about supporting literacy in Hong Kong. The Read-A-Thon will benefit Bring Me a Book Hong Kong (BMABHK).
Click here for additional opportunities to sponsor BMAHK